growing up, we always had a garden and in the summer we had fresh veggies coming out of our ears. one of my favorites was zucchini. mom found quite a few ways to make it: baked zucchini, zucchini bread, zucchini bars, zucchini casserole, and it is all so delicious! this is a new zucchini recipe and it’s pretty darn tasty, if i do say so myself.
adapted from food network magazine
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 minced scallions
- 1/4 c chopped parsley
- 1/4 c chopped dill
- 1 beaten egg
- 3/4 c grated parmeggiano reggiano cheese
- 1/4 c flour
- grate zucchini into a colander in the sink; toss with 2 tsp of salt and let sit ten minutes.
- while the zucchini is sitting in the sink, prep and mix scallions, parsley, dill, egg, cheese and flour in a medium mixing bowl.
- squeeze out any excess liquid from the zucchini. combine with scallion mixture.
- pan-fry spoonfuls of the mixture in evoo, flattening with a spatula, 3-4 min per side.
- drain on paper towels and season with salt.