well, holy cow, blog, it has been a good long while! things have been a tad bit busy around here… the most wonderful, exhausting and rewarding kind of busy. meet ben!
beautiful baby, you’re sweeter than strawberry pie! every day is a deeper shade of blue, when i’m with you. 🙂
i’m pretty sure that ben beats this strawberry pie, but it is pretty darn tasty. give it a try this summer!
source: my mom
crust: i used the french crust, used in the chocolate mousse pie. i’m a bigger fan of my mom’s crust with this pie. her recipe is as follows:
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- pinch salt
- 1/2 c oil
- 2 tbsp milk
mix together dry ingredients. stir in oil and milk. press in pie dish and bake at 350º for 15 mins until golden. cool.
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 1/2 c water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 oz pkg strawberry jello
- strawberries, tops removed, left whole
- bring the first three ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan. turn down and continue stirring until clear.
- add jello and stir until dissolved. cool.
- place well drained berries in crust. if you’re like me, you’ll try neatly arranging them first:
- pour filling over pie, refrigerate.