ok, i’m taking a break from catching up on old recipes. you need to make this delicious dessert before summer is officially gone tomorrow! it’s a dark chocolate ganache pie, topped with marshmallows. stick with the dark chocolate, it balances out the sweetness.
it is also important to know that a little bit of this pie goes a long ways. take it to a cook-out or potluck and make friends! it’s very easy, delicious and dangerous!
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 10 graham crackers, crushed
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 salt
- 7 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (i used 60% cacao ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate)
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 13 oz. jar of jet-puffed marshmallow cream (i included mini-marshmallows in the picture, but the pie does not need them!)
- pre-heat the oven to 350°. lightly grease 9 – 9 1/2″ pie dish. (thanks, paula for the awesome pie dish!) stir together all of the ingredients in a bowl and press evenly on bottom and up the side of the pie dish. bake until lightly browned, 12-15 min, then cool for about an hour, on a cooling rack, to room temperature.
- keep oven at 350°. finely chop chocolate and place it in a bowl. (isn’t it pretty?)
bring cream just to a boil in a medium sauce pan, then pour hot cream over chocolate. let stand one minute and then whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. (behold, ganache!)
whisk your egg in a small bowl, and then temper it with the chocolate mixture. whisk egg and pinch of salt into the ganache until combined. pour into crust. cover crust with pie guards or aluminum foil and bake for 25 min. cool pie for 45 mins, on a cooling rack, to room temp.
- top with marshmallow cream and cover loosely with crisco-covered saran wrap. refrigerate for three or more hours.
- when ready to serve, brown under a pre-heated broiler for a minute or two, or torch with a creme brulee torch. (much more fun!)