it’s mid february and i’m ready for grilling season. here in wa, we’ve only really had one week of true winter, and the rest could just be called late fall/early spring. it. is. awesome. our grill is in the garage for “winter”, but i am ready to bust out the patio furniture and get our porch ready for summer.
think she’ll try to steal anything from the grill?
source: food network – the source also has great ideas for shrimp and chicken!
- 1 lb. sirloin steak, cut into 1″ cubes
- bell peppers
- other veggies not pictured (mushrooms, baby potatoes (boiled until cooked through) and corn on the cob
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard (or regular mustard)
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c evoo
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- whisk together all of the marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- place steak in the bowl and toss until evenly coated. cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least two hours.
- cut veggies into bite-sized pieces. i made additional marinade and set it aside for the vegetables. use this to baste the vegetables when grilling them.
- assemble skewers. i keep veggies and meat separate, but do whatever works for you.
- grill for 10-15 minutes, turning 1/4 rotation every 2-3 minutes until meat is cooked throughout.