pollo rosa maria
carrabba’s italian grill is one of my all-time favorite restaurants. there is not a single restaurant to be found anywhere near the lovely state of wa, so i’ve had to take matters into my own hands. i believe i first made this dish back in october to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. it took a lot of work to create this dish, but it was most definitely worth it!
i made a few tweaks to the original recipe, such as omitting mushrooms… we’re not big mushroom fans. if you’re also a fellow mushroom hater, you may want to cut down the lemon butter. other than that one tweak, the recipe is spot on!
- 2 chicken breasts, split for stuffing, seasoned for grilling
- 2 slices prosciutto ham
- 1/4 c fontina cheese
- 1/4 c clarified butter
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 small onion, diced
- 1/8 c white wine
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 oz. mushrooms
- 1/4 c fresh basil, chopped
- lemon butter
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- grill/cook chicken breasts butterfly style on a grill/large skillet, until cooked through. approx 3-5 minutes per side.
- when chicken is cool enough to handle, place a slice of prosciutto on chicken breast and top with fontina. fold the breast in half. secure with toothpicks and set aside, on a plate covered with foil.
- clarify butter. it takes time, i’m still not sure if it was worth it. basically, you heat butter over low heat to melt it and then skim the milk fats off the top. i might just cut back the amount of butter even more next time, and just use regular butter. it. took. for. ev. er.
- in a large saute pan, combine clarified butter, garlic, onion and saute until tender. here are the prepped ingredients, ready for the pan:
- deglaze pan with white wine.
- and unsalted butter (i may even cut this in half next time) salt and pepper. add mushrooms to the mixture and saute another 1-2 min until cooked.
- add basil and lemon juice, combine.
- place chicken on your serving dish and top with lemon butter mixture.