i think i may have mentioned this before, but i was a picky eater growing up. dear ol’ mom was nice enough to keep some things on hand for me, including freezer chicken patties (which i can prepare several ways!) and hot dogs. this is one of my favorite ways to have a hot dog. recent trips to the dog of nashville have inspired me to revisit some of my favorite ways to eat a dog.
this recipe is for four hot dogs, multiply as needed.
- four hot dog buns, toasted
- 1/2 c pizza sauce
- 4 hot dogs (i prefer koegel’s viennas, serve the curve and the crunch! thanks to mom and dad for delivering to nashville :))
- italian seasoning
- 1 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c shredded parmesan cheese
- pre-heat broiler.
- in a medium frying pan, cook hot dogs in pizza sauce, stirring sauce constantly.
- place hot dogs in buns, spooning additional sauce on top.
- sprinkle with italian seasoning.
- top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- broil until cheese is brown and bubbly. (i used a 9×13″ glass pan lined with foil for easy clean up.)