my mom’s friend lori gave this recipe to my mom a few years ago. lori’s recipe is for pistachio fish. i do not like fish, but when my mom made this recipe using fish, i thought it made the fish taste bearable and had to try it with chicken. whether you like fish or chicken, you will not be disappointed.
- 1 c dry-roasted pistachios, chopped
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- basil pesto
- 6 6 0z. pieces of salmon or 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved.
- preheat oven to 425° (for fish) or to 375° (for chicken)
- combine nuts, brown sugar, lemon juice, dill weed and pepper. set aside.
- place salmon in foil-lined 9×13 pan or chicken in a greased 9 x 13 pan. make sure that the chicken does not overlap or it will not cook evenly. the same goes for the fish, i suppose.
- spoon pistachio on top of the chicken.
- press down to form crust.
- bake the fish for 6-8 min, chicken for 25-30 min.
- serve with basil pesto.