pico de gallo
as mentioned in my previous post, i went a little crazy on the dips for quesadilla dinner last week. pico de gallo is very simple to make and this is just one example of several variations. This recipe makes about a cup and a half of pico. Multiply as needed!
- 4 roma tomatoes, seeded, pulp removed and chopped. (This is important, or you’ll end up with pico soup!)
- 1/4 sweet onion or 1/2 red onion, finely chopped. (Use whatever kind of onion that you prefer!)
- small handful of finely chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped. (If you want more heat, leave the seeds in.)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- dash or two of garlic powder
- dash or two of ground cumin
- 1/2 lime, freshly squeezed
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Serve immediately. For better flavoring, refrigerate for a couple of hours.