peanut butter marbled brownies
these are a wonderfully rich treat. they’re best consumed with a glass of milk.
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 1/4 c white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 c butter or margarine, melted
- 2 c white sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a 9 x 13 pan
- in a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, 1/4 c white sugar, 1 egg, and milk until smooth. set aside
- in a large bowl, mix together melted butter, 2 c white sugar, and vanilla; mix in the remaining 3 eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; mix into the batter. stir in chocolate chips
- remove 1 cup of the chocolate batter. spread the remaining batter into the prepared pan. spread the peanut butter filling over the top drop the reserved chocolate batter by the teaspoonful over the filling. using a knife, gently swirl through the top layers for a marbled effect.
- bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out almost clean. cool completely, then cut into bars.
courtesy of: allrecipes.com