peaches n’ cream oatmeal cookies
i’m a true foodie. i watched “cooking for real” with sunny anderson on foodnetwork that featured this recipe wayyyyyy back in 2008. i’ve been thinking about making these cookies ever since. i finally did it today! i should have started making these cookies much sooner. they remind me of my favorite flavor of instant oatmeal: peaches n’ cream. just as an fyi, this recipe easily doubles.
- 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/4 c light brown sugar
- 1/4 c dark brown sugar
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 c rolled oats (use the old-fashioned)
- 1/2 c chopped dried peaches
- 1/2 c chopped pecans
- 1/2 c white chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 350°.
- in a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. slowly add egg and continue mixing. slowly add flour mixture, oats, peaches, pecans and white chocolate chips. mix until combined.
- line trays with parchment papers (or use non-stick baking sheets, like i do). with wet hands, form balls from the dough, placing evenly among the cookie trays. press down on cookie dough with the palm of your hand to make a flat circle.
- bake for 10-12 min. or until golden and a bit tender in the center. remove from oven and let sit on trays for 1 min. remove to cooling racks to cool completely.
here are some ideas for next time:
- add ginger and/or cinnamon… the cookies may be a bit bland and a bit of spice would give them some oomph!
- sub. dried strawberries for the peaches and milk chocolate chip for the white chocolate chips… voila! chocolate-covered strawberry oatmeal cookies.
if you try these variations, let me know how they turn out!