so, it has been a while since i have blogged… sorry for neglecting you, shoebox!
a lot has happened since my last post. tom and i got engaged, married and now we’re living in nashville, tn! i have a lot of newly found free time, which allows me to do things like cook. mmmmmm 🙂
anyways, here is what was for dinner on thursday night, courtesy of rachael ray:
- 3 tbsp evoo
- 2 lbs ground chicken breast
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 15 oz can black (or pinto) beans, drained
- 1 14 oz can rotel
- 1 c frozen corn kernels
- 2 pkgs flour tortillas
- shredded cheese, lots of it
- sour cream
- preheat oven to 425°
- preheat a large skillet over medium heat. add 2 tbsp evoo, twice around pan. add chicken and season with chili powder, cumin and red onion. brown the meat, 5 minutes. add rotel, beans and corn. heat mixture through, 2-3 minutes and then season with salt.
- coat a 9×13 pan with remaining evoo. cut tortillas into quarters to make them easier to layer with. build lasagne in layers of meat and beans, then tortillas, then cheese. repeat, meat, tortilla, cheese. (i made three layers, ending with cheese.)
- bake lasagne 12-15 minutes until cheese is brown and bubbly.
- serve with sour cream.