ground bologna sandwiches
interestingly enough, everything in this recipe i have refused to eat at one point or another in my life and 3/4 of it i still won’t eat (raw onion, pickles and miracle whip). when i was little, i even boycotted sandwiches (until i tried subway). but when all of these ingredients come together, they make one delicious sandwich that i enjoy.
and you MUST use koegel’s ring bologna for this recipe. it’s the only bologna that i’ll eat. can you tell i’m a tad on the picky side this post? or maybe it’s because i’m from flint and appreciate good bologna and hot dogs. or maybe i’m just picky about all food… 🙂
oh! and of course, the key to this recipe is an awesome meat grinder. i use a kitchenaid meat grinder, which conveniently attaches to my mixer. (thanks to bran for finding the grinder on clearance and thanks to aunt carol for the mixer! 🙂 )
- 1 pkg. koegel ring bologna, casing removed, chopped into chunks small enough to fit in meat grinder
- 1/4 vidalia onion, chopped
- 1/2 c miracle whip
- 2 tbsp relish (i prefer dill over sweet)
- using a coarse plate, grind your bologna chunks. follow the bologna with onion chunks. this cleans out any excess bologna.
- with a spatula, mix the bologna and onion, fold in miracle whip and relish.
- serve as pictured on a bun or any other bread that you would like.