grilled stuffed burrito knock-off
leftover alert! cooking for two can make for a lot of leftovers… last time i blogged about refried beans and nachos. this time, i dressed up the leftovers and created a beef grilled stuffed burrito, just like the ones from taco bell.
- flour tortillas
- refried beans
- seasoned beef
- uncle ben’s ready rice pouch – spanish rice
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- preheat a large size pan to medium heat.
- prepare the rice pouch (in 90 seconds!) in the microwave.
- in a large tortilla shell, smooth 1/4 c refried beans in the center of the tortilla, in a rectangular shape. add a 1/2 c beef, 1/4 c rice, cheese (as desired) and a few dollops of sour cream.
- fold ends of the tortilla towards the short ends of the rectangle, and then fold one of the long ends over and roll the burrito.
- place seam side down in a pan, and brown the tortilla, flip and repeat on the other side.
- cut burritos on a diagonal. serve with southwest ranch (recipe below).
- 1 part ranch dressing
- 1 part salsa
- whisk both ingredients together with a fork. serve with a southwest salad or any mexican dish.