“f” is for fudge brownies
ever since i was a little girl i have been fascinated with chocolate and cooking. this was one of my first “signature” recipes found in the “alpha bakery children’s cookbook” published by gold-medal flour. i remember saving up the upc’s off the bottom of flour bags and sending them away with a check for shipping and handling. it was a very exciting day when that cookbook arrived!
my favorite recipe from the book is below. the recipe can easily be doubled to go in a 9×13″ pan. (9×13″ pan = more gooey center brownies!)
- 1/4 c margarine or butter
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 c sugar
- 2/3 c of gold medal all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c chopped nuts, if you like
- 1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips, if you like
- pre-heat oven to 350°.
- grease the bottom only of a 8″ square pan, with shortening.
- heat margarine and chocolate chips in the microwave on a low heat, stirring constantly until melted.
- stir in remaining ingredients with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- stir in nuts and chocolate chips (optional). i find that the brownies are too rich with the additional chocolate chips and nuts are a taste preference. the brownies are good if they are boy ones or girl ones. haha, mom! 🙂
- spread in pan with a rubber spatula.
- bake until center is set, about 30 min. store brownies in a tightly covered container.