so i was in the mood for cookies. really, i think i am in a perpetual mood for cookies/chocolate/sweets. 🙂 i found these babies in my good housekeeping cookbook. it’s the first recipe that i’ve ever made from this cookbook and i’m pleased with the results!
- 1/3 c all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 c pecans, chopped
- 1 c chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 325°. grease two large cookie sheets. in a small bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- in the microwave, melt 3/4 c chocolate chips and butter in 30 sec. increments on high heat. stir after every 30 sec. allow to cool.
- in a large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat eggs and sugar until light, about 2 min., frequently scraping bowl with rubber spatula. reduce speed to low. add cooked chocolate mixture, flour mixture, and vanilla; beat just until blended. increase speed to medium; beat 2 min. stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls, 2″ apart, on cookie sheets. with small metal spatula, spread batter into 2″ rounds. bake until tops are shiny and cracked, about 13 min. rotating cookie sheets between upper and lower oven racks halfway through baking. cool 10 min. on cookie sheet. with wide spatula, transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- repeat with remaining batter. makes about 48 cookies.
and for my weight watching friends:
nutrition info (per cookie): 102 calories, 1 g protein, 9g carbohydrates, 7 g total fat, 3 g saturated fat, 14 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium