valentine’s day week means chocolate finds its way into breakfast everyday. this is a not-so-subtle way of getting your chocolate fix in. i’m all for chocolate in the morning because it means you have all day to burn calories!
source: bake at 350
- 1/2 c salted butter
- 1 3/4 c all purpose flour
- 2/3 c cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 c semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 c milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- line a muffin tin with 12 paper cups. spray lightly with cooking spray. pre-heat oven to 425º.
- melt the butter, set aside to cool.
- in a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips.
- in a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla and vinegar until blended. stir in the butter.
- add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. stir with a rubber spatula, just until blended.
- divide evenly between prepared muffin liners. the cups will be full.
- bake for 20 min. until the muffins bounce back when pressed with a finger.
- cool on a wire racks for 5 minutes.
- remove from pan and let them cool for while longer. serve warm