chocolate covered strawberries
valentine’s day is just around the corner… here’s a sweet treat that you can make for (or with) your sweetie!
- 1 dozen strawberries, washed and dried
- 1 c white chocolate (i use almond bark)
- 1 1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp shortening
- prep your strawberries. make sure that they are dry or the chocolate will not stick to the berries!
- in the microwave, melt the white chocolate (or almond bark) in 30 sec. intervals until melted.
- dip strawberries into white chocolate, place on wax-paper lined cookie sheet. put in fridge for 5 min. or until white chocolate hardens.
- melt the semi-sweet chocolate and shortening in microwave for 30 sec. intervals until melted.
- dip strawberries into dark chocolate, return to cookie sheet. drizzle with extra white chocolate. you may need to re-melt the chocolate with a little bit of milk in the microwave.
- place back in fridge until you’re ready to serve them.