chicken mediterranean pizza
one of the things that i miss the most about tennessee is publix. i can’t say enough wonderful things about the store. one of my favorite things to pick up there was pre-made pizza dough and top it with just about any topping i’d like. pre-made dough is non-existent in wa. i’m working on a replacement recipe (aka future post), but it is not as easy as going to publix and buying it pre-made in the bakery. just sayin.
i suppose that this is a “things that i miss about michigan” post, too. the inspiration for chicken mediterranean pizza comes from cottage inn pizza. i’ve never seen a pizza like it on a menu since moving, so of course, i had to re-create it at home.
- pre-made pizza dough (or any form of pizza dough that you would normally use)
- 2/3 c pizza sauce
- 1 c pre-cooked, shredded chicken
- 3 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c feta cheese
- banana peppers, to taste
- pre-heat oven to 425°.
- lightly sprinkle baking pan with cornmeal. (this gives the pizza crust a nice crunch, while the inside stays soft.)
- knead out dough to desired shape. if it gives you problems, let rest for about 10 minutes and work the dough some more. my pizzas are never perfectly round or square. 🙂
- top pizza with sauce, 1 c mozz cheese, chicken, 2 c mozz cheese, feta cheese and banana peppers.
- brush crust with evoo, to give it a nice golden finish.
- bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.