as i have said before breakfast is our favorite meal of the day. breakfast was served at our late morning wedding reception and i could go on and on about how much we LOVE breakfast. but i won’t. i’ll just share another shoemaker-approved breakfast dish.
Adapted from SmittenKitten
- 1 pizza crust (however you prefer to make it)*
- 1/4-1/2 lb. ground breakfast sausage
- 1/4 c grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 1 c grated mozzarella
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- green onion
- parsley flakes
* i picked up an awesome pre-made dough from publix that was just waiting to be kneaded and topped.
- pull dough out of the fridge 1-2 hours before you want to start making pizza.
- pre-heat oven to 500°.
- brown sausage in a pan. place on a paper towel lined dish to drain of excess grease.
- knead out dough. make sure the bottom of the crust is floured well.
- t0p with parmigiano reggiano, mozzarella and sausage.
- crack the three eggs over the top of the pizza and top with salt and pepper.
- bake for 8-10 min. or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- remove from oven, top with green onion and parsley flakes.